Monday 25 March 2013

And on the 7th day, He rested...

Oh Lord, my God...


When I, in awesome wonder...


Consider all the worlds Thine hands have made...


I see the stars...


I hear the rolling thunder...


Thy power throughout...


The universe displayed...


Then sings my soul...



My Savior God, to Thee..


How great Thou art...



How great Thou art....


Then sings my soul...


My Savior God, to Thee...


How GREAT Thou art...


How great....Thou art.



John and I had the sweet opportunity to worship with our friends again here in Kathmandu.  We bumped in to our new Danish friends, and met some others from Bristol Bible College.  John was asked to preach, and it was funny actually....just before he got up to preach, he was also asked to sing one song leading into his sermon.  So, the English Pastor who was announcing him, said "Well, brothers and sisters, before John Ivins speaks, he is going to bless us with a song.  I guess the way it goes is, once a singer--always a singer...because he can't preach until he performs at least one song!"  The congregation laughed, and John was a natural.  It was awesome to watch.

Afterwards, we hung out with out new friends, exchanging emails and encouraging one another. 








And then, DeePok drove us to Pashupati, a very well known Hindu Temple.  (Which has World Heritage Statua--because basically, it has a river that runs through it, considered to be sacred, where thousands of people come to die.  Essentially, they perform 50-60 cremations daily, and then the ashes are sprinkled in the "sacred river.")




Our guide in training, teaching us about the area.


This was an area dedicated to Mother Teresa's nuns to help
care for the sick people who have come there to die.



This guy was just roaming along with us.

DeePok John and I

DeePok's FIXED Cab!!!

"It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not be afraid."  Deuteronomy 31:8






No comments:

Post a Comment